View Profile Phonometrologist

6 Movie Reviews

I was liking the visuals and I was following along with the song until I got distracted by a typo on your end. "That we walked in different places," should be "paces." My biggest gripe is that it seems you didn't do your due diligence in analyzing the song while animating. Based on the lyrics, it isn't about losing a lover through a death, but rather it is a mutual understanding that lovers eventually drift apart, i.e. merely a break-up.

well done. great execution in story telling

You really got me cracking up on this one!!!! LOLOLOL Fat Greg is great

1 Game Review

Clever. Everything ties together pretty well-- nice uniformity.
The riddle was the easiest for me, because I hate anagrams and since the game is dark it didn't seem hard to come up with the answer when the mind is already there. Loved the last answer. I wouldn't have cared for the story so much if it wasn't for that reveal. I also liked hearing the reversed music. Thought it quite fitting when the writer was talking about how others called him/her devil.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you!
I'm pleased to hear that the consistency is appreciated.

Yes, I was actually hoping a bit that the riddle would be given away by the mindset one was in. A bit of an experiment in one way.
The last answer is the first one I came up with; the whole game is based around that. I thought the idea so good that I just had to realize it in some way.

Heh, to be honest, I actually borrowed something from you for the sake of unifomrity. While I wrote some of the final, perhaps a bit more cold-hearted letters, I listened to "Return". But what I did was, I analyzed all the emotions in your track, and tried to revome those emotions from my writing, as that part is about loss just like your piece, but from a very different perspective. Thank you for that!

I've always had a thing for reverse music as well. Thanks a lot for playing and reviewing, Phonometrologist!!!

295 Audio Reviews

I really like this one. The melody is emotive, and the arrangement is unique and fun. Structurally, you two can create some fresh music that doesn't bore at all, and it's written so idiosyncratically to your creative motifs. Even the arrangement varies as the piece progresses. Everything seems to be new. For example, I love that jazzy moment at the end, and that could have been a whole other piece to explore right there. I hope you two advance so I can continue listening to what you guys produce.
It's not a style I could pull off, nor do I have a desire to when you two do it so well. I'm listening to this on loop and it doesn't get old.

Okay look you post too many tracks and it's hard for me to keep up. I typically like to wait to leave comments after several listens, but after just hearing the first few opening seconds, I couldn't resist. Really fun stuff, and this sounds great!

Mutual responds:

Take care! Cheers! :)

I don't really see a point in "reviewing" this other than to allow you two to know how enjoyable this is for me. I don't know what Areyai yaleai yareaiyo is, but it's sung beautifully. The tone and mood in the piano and the vocal harmonies are all so perfect.
This embodies the art of subtlety and beauty in the smallest details of life that we overlook.
prayer for the wandering soul
so perfect

etherealwinds responds:

Hey Phono, thanks so much for listening and leaving your thoughts. Sometimes, I just want to express emotional feelings with my voice, but attaching words to what I want to express doesn't really do it justice - sounds and syllables do! I think the first time I started singing that way must have been in 2011 or so, and I've found myself utilising this way of expressing myself more and more often as time has gone by. I consider it to be a strand of 'Etherean' which is what I call it when I sing in my own little language, but I also created some basic grammatical rules and a vocabulary dictionary for when I do find the desire or need to actually have something translatable. <3

10 Art Reviews

This is actually morbidly cute. I chuckled

Ah yeah... what a great nostalgic piece! Thank you

This is quite comforting. Simple but effective. Reminds me of the spacey graphics in a map of a late 90s/early 2000s video game.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah. Occasionally I like when things are simple and clean (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rIpOmuD7U) ;)

I totally get where you're coming from! It also reminds me of the games Run & Run 3 here on the interwebs :)

“Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.” ― Benjamin Disraeli

31, Male