View Profile Phonometrologist

6 Movie Reviews

I was liking the visuals and I was following along with the song until I got distracted by a typo on your end. "That we walked in different places," should be "paces." My biggest gripe is that it seems you didn't do your due diligence in analyzing the song while animating. Based on the lyrics, it isn't about losing a lover through a death, but rather it is a mutual understanding that lovers eventually drift apart, i.e. merely a break-up.

well done. great execution in story telling

You really got me cracking up on this one!!!! LOLOLOL Fat Greg is great

1 Game Review

Clever. Everything ties together pretty well-- nice uniformity.
The riddle was the easiest for me, because I hate anagrams and since the game is dark it didn't seem hard to come up with the answer when the mind is already there. Loved the last answer. I wouldn't have cared for the story so much if it wasn't for that reveal. I also liked hearing the reversed music. Thought it quite fitting when the writer was talking about how others called him/her devil.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you!
I'm pleased to hear that the consistency is appreciated.

Yes, I was actually hoping a bit that the riddle would be given away by the mindset one was in. A bit of an experiment in one way.
The last answer is the first one I came up with; the whole game is based around that. I thought the idea so good that I just had to realize it in some way.

Heh, to be honest, I actually borrowed something from you for the sake of unifomrity. While I wrote some of the final, perhaps a bit more cold-hearted letters, I listened to "Return". But what I did was, I analyzed all the emotions in your track, and tried to revome those emotions from my writing, as that part is about loss just like your piece, but from a very different perspective. Thank you for that!

I've always had a thing for reverse music as well. Thanks a lot for playing and reviewing, Phonometrologist!!!

302 Audio Reviews

I don't know what Lunacy is referring to, but maybe he's talking about how I like to throw in every stupid idea in my work. Yeah that's probably it.
Anywho, that synth at 57 seconds, classic Johnfn from your days when you won the NGADM. Very tasty
And regarding any comments about being repetitive, I listen to Philip glass on a regular basis so I don't care.
And regarding any comments being, I to glass a basis so don't.
And regarding any comments about repetitive, listen Philip on regular I care.
I think it's that piano motif constantly going for two minutes that will bother people.
The last 30 seconds reminds me of the Beatles.
Hey this is still a fun listen

johnfn responds:

HAHA yeah the last section sounded like the beatles to me too! In fact I had a whole idea where that was going to be a chorus section i repeated a few times, but by the time I had the idea I was too sick to actually record half decent chorus vocals. So I gave up and stuck it on the end. Ssh dont tell anyone

Curious. Is this your first account? I'm assuming you have another alias somewhere online, because 22 fans here and 5 subscribers on youtube really isn't what I expect you to have at this point when your style and production is this smooth. I hear other people's music here that have more recognition in this style that don't sound as good as this. Perhaps because it's not in your face constantly, but I prefer it this way.

Tolanmusic responds:

I really appreciate that man! My main socials are my Soundcloud and instagram, and I'm expecting a growth here soon hopefully now that I've moved states and put myself in a better position for music.

Also Pryces is an extremely talented producer so a lot of the production credit goes to him! https://soundcloud.com/pryced

I'm assuming this is your vocals on this. You need some guitars to support your vocal style! Not that the heavy strings detract from your song here, but with this voice, I really, really want to hear it in the more traditional set up that I would expect to hear this in. Even in an industrial set up, this would sound amazing. Love the melodic material, and Johnfn is not exaggerating either in how good this is.

LunyAlex responds:

Interesting. I'm pretty self conscious about my voice and I've avoided using it, but I wanted to experiment on this one, so I just went for it.

Might take note and make a more typical new alternative rock-sort of Deftonesy song after this.

Thank you for the kind words and the input! Very appreciated!

10 Art Reviews

This is actually morbidly cute. I chuckled

Ah yeah... what a great nostalgic piece! Thank you

This is quite comforting. Simple but effective. Reminds me of the spacey graphics in a map of a late 90s/early 2000s video game.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah. Occasionally I like when things are simple and clean (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rIpOmuD7U) ;)

I totally get where you're coming from! It also reminds me of the games Run & Run 3 here on the interwebs :)

“Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.” ― Benjamin Disraeli

31, Male