View Profile Phonometrologist

All 10 Art Reviews

7 w/ Responses

This is actually morbidly cute. I chuckled

Ah yeah... what a great nostalgic piece! Thank you

This is quite comforting. Simple but effective. Reminds me of the spacey graphics in a map of a late 90s/early 2000s video game.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah. Occasionally I like when things are simple and clean (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rIpOmuD7U) ;)

I totally get where you're coming from! It also reminds me of the games Run & Run 3 here on the interwebs :)

There's something beguiling about this. I see a skull amid flowers. Whether it was intended or not doesn't really matter. The point is in the subtlety, and perhaps interpreted depending on the observer.
I like to think of that. A skull encasing something beautiful that blossoms only for a moment before it wilts by a frigid life.

TheHeartgrinder responds:

I love creating abstract Rorschach like art. I'm often asked what I'm drawing. My reply is usually "I'm not quite sure. It is whatever you want it to be, I suppose." That's usually met with strange looks or the person exploring the piece, calling out what they see.

with pieces like this, I dont mind anyone missing my intention. But for the record, you were pretty much spot on. Which probably says something about our minds working on similar wavelengths.

As always, thanks. Stop by any time. ;)

WOW this is just great! I'm admiring the lines in the fur of these animals... very pleasant to look at

HeartlessArts responds:

Thanks, yoh should check out the finnished colour version :3

Hmmmmm..... I like it! Mostly because of what it means as we're are but dust

Troisnyx responds:

There's that, but there's something far deeper as well for which I will need your prayers. I'm scared to death.

The smile that she projects after responding to the smile of her child is just great to see. It's getting to be contagious. Love it.

Mataknight responds:

Yeah. I wanted this to have a heartwarming feel good ending. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it. :D

Nice! Probably could have used a bit more phalluses in tribute to Giger, but this fits within the same realm.

Rhunyc responds:

Right?? Haha, but I do appreciate the review. :)

For the sake of others and where it should be, I’ll give my proper review of this to how I interpret it. Perhaps you can offer your own insights that I may have missed.
I went over your different heart pieces at the time, and I ended up picking this one, because as I began thinking of ideas, this one just kept coming to mind. The more I sat with it, the more it started to make sense to me along with the message behind it. Upon first glance, the lines that suggest motion stood out. I then sought to look around the black spot to get a better look of the detail in the heart, but I was missing the point. I realize what was intended and that was to portray that hole within the hearts of man. The coveting, hunger, and desperation takes hold as when one pursues to fill that void meanwhile finding it to be insatiable. I find it to be very accurate, and I can say that by personal experience of my coming to that revelation.
Your art—just as in anything worth meaning, one shouldn’t just dismiss it if it doesn’t become clear at first. To seek something honestly and patiently, wisdom will cohere.

Hmm, the imagery here reminds me of way back when I had to contemplate while I was at a crossroads.
I wrote at that moment: "Do I stop this heartbreak from happening and conquer these issues like a hero amidst of a rescue? Or do I let it happen like the seasons and the wrath of the wind's constant flowing? There is one path that hasn't been taken before, and that is to turn. Just as there was some strange attraction before us that brought us together, there is also a pull like in the ions of each and every atom."

Rhunyc responds:

Thanks for sharing your story man, I like hearing what my artwork evokes in people.

But I totally get where you're coming from with your story as well, been there before. :(

“Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.” ― Benjamin Disraeli

31, Male