What is Pico Day? What is Pico Day?

well done. great execution in story telling

TD-Past Is Prologue TD-Past Is Prologue

You really got me cracking up on this one!!!! LOLOLOL Fat Greg is great

loves me, loves me not loves me, loves me not

I'm here for the beyonce lyric

also, the subtle differences in the voice of "loves me, loves me not" is great

dylan responds:

"don't pay him any attention"

- beyoncé, 2008

Playing With Letters Playing With Letters

Clever. Everything ties together pretty well-- nice uniformity.
The riddle was the easiest for me, because I hate anagrams and since the game is dark it didn't seem hard to come up with the answer when the mind is already there. Loved the last answer. I wouldn't have cared for the story so much if it wasn't for that reveal. I also liked hearing the reversed music. Thought it quite fitting when the writer was talking about how others called him/her devil.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you!
I'm pleased to hear that the consistency is appreciated.

Yes, I was actually hoping a bit that the riddle would be given away by the mindset one was in. A bit of an experiment in one way.
The last answer is the first one I came up with; the whole game is based around that. I thought the idea so good that I just had to realize it in some way.

Heh, to be honest, I actually borrowed something from you for the sake of unifomrity. While I wrote some of the final, perhaps a bit more cold-hearted letters, I listened to "Return". But what I did was, I analyzed all the emotions in your track, and tried to revome those emotions from my writing, as that part is about loss just like your piece, but from a very different perspective. Thank you for that!

I've always had a thing for reverse music as well. Thanks a lot for playing and reviewing, Phonometrologist!!!

After Humanity After Humanity

If I did end up participating in this contest, and if you didn't add the vocals, I wouldn't have guessed it was you at first. Great drive-- you really do create the best kind of works when it comes to distopia. But perhaps that is just what motivates you.

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you very much for your review dude. Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

Yeah the vocal is kinda too much. I overused it :D.

Deceived by Demise Deceived by Demise

Your sound design keeps my ears perked as it sustains my interest. I like the pedal drone underneath the piano, and it fits well as a film piece since it takes its time to progress. If it wasn't for your interesting production work, I would've said that this could have been done all in three minutes as opposed to six. I appreciate the tone of the piece and your choice not to go over the top like some music on steroids. But what I really wanted to comment on was that poignant chord change at 4:32-4:33 with that arrangement. ooohhh that's butter. And that's all I needed to hear.

EvilRaccoon responds:

Thank you very much Phonometrologist, I think you're absolutely right that the piece could have been nearly halved, there's just maybe a little too much build and not enough theme.

Your feedback has definitely been noted! Thank you! :)

AIM - Enchanted Forest AIM - Enchanted Forest

Your chord choices are exactly what it should be as it creates that sense of exploration and mystery with a optimistic venture. I can't help but think of LOTR; good writing.

Sweet Treat Sweet Treat

Ah yeah... what a great nostalgic piece! Thank you

SpaceTime SpaceTime

This is quite comforting. Simple but effective. Reminds me of the spacey graphics in a map of a late 90s/early 2000s video game.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Yeah. Occasionally I like when things are simple and clean (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5rIpOmuD7U) ;)

I totally get where you're coming from! It also reminds me of the games Run & Run 3 here on the interwebs :)

Focus Focus

I'd like to get lost and live here for a while.

Agitat0r responds: